This is and the people you will be meeting when you get in touch with O’Briens Electrical Ltd.
- A little more about Darren…
“As the Managing Director of O’Briens Electrical Ltd, I take care of the day to day running of the business. I will often be in the office, or I might be working with engineers and carrying out site visits to clients’ homes and businesses. I love working with such a brilliant team, many of whom are also part of the O’Brien family! We all work together to make sure we provide clear communication and are highly professional, so our clients have a good experience with us. I think this is one of the reasons why so many of our clients have been using us for years. I make every effort to treat people as I would want to be treated, and nothing is too much trouble.
- I happened upon the industry completely by accident – I originally intended to take a plumbing course, but then it was full. I then decided to go for plastering instead, but guess what – that was full as well! So I enrolled on the electrical installation course, and I’m so glad I did. I’ve never looked back. I am now qualified in many different areas, including electrical installation, inspection and testing, wiring and PAT testing. This means we can offer our clients any services they require, and someone who is fully qualified and experienced will be able to help.
- When I’m not running the business, I enjoy spending time with my family, I like to travel, and I love cooking up a storm in the kitchen, although from time to time I may set the smoke alarms off!”
- Darren’s industry fact: “The electricity from a single bolt of lightning has the ability to power 200,000 average-sized homes.”
- A little more about Danielle…
“As office manager, I organise all office operations and procedures, preparing payroll, bank reconciliation, quotations and invoices. I am organised and efficient, with the ability to make things happen, so I keep the business running smoothly. Answering client queries is an important part of my role, and it is something I particularly enjoy. I love meeting new people and building up a rapport with them.
- My history is in catering, so working at O’Briens was a change in direction for me. I came on board to support Darren with the administration side of things when the business was fairly new. I really enjoy it here and I am lucky enough to work with some fab people.
- When I’m not managing the O’Briens office, I will usually be out and about in South West London, spending time with my husband, sons, friends and family… and perhaps indulging in a little retail therapy.”
- Danielle’s industry fact: “Did you know we all need electricity to live? It plays an important part in the way our hearts beat.”
- A little more about Rachel…
“I take care of appointment scheduling, customer service and our social media presence here at O’Briens Electrical Ltd. I always make it my mission to get a task completed, so if you need something urgently, you know you are in safe hands with me at the other end of the phone. I love the social media part of my role and enjoy reaching out to clients using our posts on different channels – I’m a Facebook and Instagram girl myself.
- It’s a real family business here – as you might be able to tell from my name! I love the work environment we have and I really enjoy the family element. I was a beauty therapist for fourteen years, so working with customers is something that is important to me. I was based in high-end London salons, which is where I developed my customer service skills. By bringing this into my current role and communicating clearly, I ensure that everybody is well looked after and all customers are happy.
- Outside of work, you will mostly find me spending time with my two children. If I’m feeling generous, I might also treat my friends and family to a massage or nail treatment.”
- Rachel’s industry fact: “Elvis Presley once began training to be an electrician!”
- A little more about Dan…
“I mainly work on complete high-end electrical installations in London. A typical day will often see me working in the Chelsea or Mayfair areas, completing projects for various clients and perhaps attending the odd callout.
- I began labouring for an electrician when I finished school, who then employed me as an apprentice whilst I was attending college and getting my electrical qualifications. This industry gives me great job satisfaction, as I complete my work to the highest standards and enjoy seeing positive reactions from my clients. People tell me they are happy with the service I provide because I make sure I am on time, work to deadlines, and keep their properties tidy as well – a very important part of the job!
- When I’m not rewiring a property or responding to callouts, I can usually be found spending time with my children and my family.”
- Dan’s industry fact: “A spark of static electricity can measure up to 3,000 volts.”
- A little more about Blain…
“As an apprentice electrician, I help to look after three estates in Brixton, Peckham and Kennington, making sure all their electrical maintenance is taken care of. I learn and experience something new every day – it’s a great opportunity for me.
- On top of working for O’Briens, I attend college one day a week to achieve my full qualifications. I am currently Level 2 qualified, and I am studying for my Level 3 this year.
- I am a good communicator and listener, which I believe are very important skills in my job. I’m always punctual and enjoy meeting new people, so this is a great line of work for me. Outside of work, I enjoy watching sports, especially football and boxing.”
- Blain’s industry fact: “Master electricians will often have to train for longer than doctors!”
- A little more about Carl…
“As an electrician, my main duties include the running of cables, as well as installing lights, sockets and switches. I begin work early in the mornings as I am based in Eastbourne, taking care of a variety of works.
- I have always had an interest in electrics and after spending 11 years in the armed forces, I decided to get into this line of work. I now have my Level 3 electrician qualification. I enjoy meeting new people and am always grateful when they put their trust in me to rewire their properties.
- Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with family and friends.
- Carl’s industry fact: Electricity is what’s called a secondary energy. This means it’s made from other energies – like burning coal or wind power.”
- A little more about Teddy…
Another important member of the O’Brien family team, Teddy is very friendly and loves meeting new people. He has years of customer service experience and will look forward to greeting you when you come into our office. Perhaps don’t ask him to wire in your new dimmer switch, though…